The video of Church of Scientology executives harassing former Church official Marty “Mark” Rathbun went viral:
It was completely reprehensible, outrageous, and irresponsible for the three Scientology officials to have entered a US airport for the purposes of harassing one individual.
One would think the Church of Scientology would have the common sense and decency to not risk disrupting airport operations in order to act as agents provocateur for David Miscavige.
A single event can shut down an entire airport, delay flights, and cause psychological distress for passengers. Why the Church chose to engage in such preposterous behavior at a high-security US airport raises serious concerns that should be investigated by law enforcement.
The three Scientology officials may have broken several laws by harassing Mr. Rathbun inside a US airport:
1. The Scientology executives are members of a tax-exempt 501(c)3 group, and, they acted in concert in what certainly appears to be a staged operation deliberately designed to create or provoke an adverse incident at a major high-security US airport.
2. The US Supreme Court long ago ruled that, “An airport terminal operated by a public authority is a non-public forum.” In other words, the Church of Scientology agents were not in a public forum. This may prove to be an important distinction.
3. US airports are multi-jurisdictional non-public forums. Due to the multi-jurisdictional nature of LAX, the Scientology officials have left themselves open to investigation by many different agencies. Moreover, numerous interior and exterior LAX surveillance cameras filmed the Scientology agents.
LAX serves about 220,000 passengers a day. Why did the Church of Scientology choose to risk disrupting passengers and various law enforcement agencies at LAX? Law enforcement is at
LAX to protect the public; an airport is no place for the Church of Scientology to carry on a vendetta.
Were tax-exempt dollars spent? If so, were laws broken during this potentially illegal expenditure of tax-exempt monies? Who inside of Scientology ordered this action? These may prove to be questions that law enforcement will investigate.
This event was another incredibly ill-advised misadventure on the part of the Church of Scientology and David Miscavige.
This writer salutes Marty Rathbun for his calm demeanor and composure in dealing with angry cult members at LAX.
EDIT: Our sources tell us the following:
1. Jenny Linson, Dave Bloomberg, and Marc Yager have replaced the post of WDC OSA Legal previously held by Mike Rinder. They operate from the building that was previously CMO Gold.
2. The LAX incident was “striking an effective blow” in order for the SP Hole Legal “Troika” to get out of a lower condition. If so, this is proof of the insanity in which the upper management of the Church is engulfed.
“Troika” is from the Russian тройка and refers to a triumvirate or a group of three. In the Stalinist Era in Russia, the notorious NKVD troika conducted show trials (kangaroo courts) and imprisoned or executed those deemed enemies of Stalin.