Social Betterment Properties International is a Church of Scientology entity that holds properties for the Church’s so-called “social betterment” groups.
No 990-T’s are available at present. However, the stated 2008 asset value stated for Social Betterment Properties International was $39,647,311.
This increased by at least $5,000,000 when Tony Ortega reported that SBPI had purchased the late actor Larry Hagman’s Ojai, California estate for $5,000,000 in cash.
“Founded in 1989, the Association for Better Living and Education (ABLE) is an umbrella organization that administers six of Scientology’s social programs:
- Applied Scholastics, educational programs based on Hubbard’s “Study Tech.”
- Criminon prisoner rehabilitation programs.
- International Foundation for Human Rights and Tolerance, which has a particular interest in religious freedom.
- Narconon drug rehabilitation centers.
- The Way to Happiness Foundation, dedicated to disseminating Hubbard’s non-religious moral code.
- Youth for Human Rights International, the youth branch of the above”.
Categories: The Scientology Money Project