Should the Church of Scientology be of interest to the Department of Homeland Security?
Thanks to the hard work of researcher R.M. Seibert covered recently at the Underground Bunker, the public now knows that Scientology submitted 3,447 R1 religious worker visa petitions between 2009-2015:
As Tony Ortega noted:
— The single biggest source of applicants — 600 workers — was Russia, with Italy, Mexico, Hungary, Canada, Taiwan, Ukraine, Venezuela, Germany, and Colombia rounding out the top ten sources.
OSA’s reputation for vigilantism (Fair Game) leads us to ask if OSA wants a contingent of foreign “religious workers” for use in covert activities. Such operatives could be quickly and easily moved out of the US by OSA if needed.
Alternately, the exploitation of foreign workers by Scientology is of extreme concern. For example, Scientology confiscates passports of foreign workers in violation of US law. The DHS is interested in obtaining evidence and affidavits of any such violations.
We at the Scientology Money Project welcome an investigation into the Church of Scientology on these matters.
— INTERROGATORY —
- Are you aware of any foreign Sea Org members in the US on R1 visas involved in OSA’s covert activities upon US soil?
- Are you aware of any efforts by the Church to lie to the DHS about sham marriages arranged by OSA or other Scientology agents or operatives?
- Do you know of any instances of sham marriages arranged by OSA or other Scientology agents or operatives?
- Are you aware of any non-US Sea Org members who could not flee human rights abuses of Scientology because the Church had confiscated their passports and other documents?
- Are you aware of any efforts by the Church to lie to the DHS about arranged marriages?
- Are you aware of any foreign national in the Sea Org who has had a mental breakdown and was not given proper medical treatment?
- Are you aware of any Scientology Sea Org members who have overstayed their visas and are still working for the Church of Scientology?
- Are you aware of foreign workers being subjected to excessive working hours or inhumane working conditions? How many hours per day? How many hours per week?
- Are you aware of specific lies told to non-US citizens in order to fraudulently induce them to come to the US and work for the Church of Scientology’s Sea Organization?
- Are you aware of any foreign religious workers who escaped from Flag or other Scientology locations and were “recovered” against their will by the Church or its agents or operatives?
- Are you aware of foreign workers being subjected to humiliating and/or brutal psychological or corporal punishments at Flag Land Base or other Scientology locations?
- Are you aware of any female foreign workers being forced against their will to have abortions by the Church?
- Are you aware of any US laws that have been broken by foreign Sea Org workers that went unreported to law enforcement?
- Are you aware of any crimes committed in the US by foreign Sea Org workers that the Church had knowledge of and acted to cover up?
- Do you know of any instances of child molestation, rape, or sexual abuse committed against non-US Sea Org members upon US soil that have been covered up by the Church of Scientology or its agents?
- Are you aware of any non-US Sea Org member who has been locked up and held against their will in RPF or a “babysitting” situation?
- Do you know of any instances of Church of Scientology agents, operatives, or lawyers offering gifts to sworn officers or civilian employees of the Clearwater Police Department or the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Department?
Please send your contact information to Jeffrey Augustine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your information will be kept confidential. The compiled data will be sent to various government agencies and embassies.
Categories: The Scientology Money Project