July 8 is Scientology’s worst day. September is its worth month. These are dates I’ve tracked for over ten years now. Please feel free to add additional July 8 dates in the comments.
This is your opportunity to be an Agent of Karma by working to expose the Church of Scientology on 7/8/18.
1. July 8, 1943: L.Ron Hubbard formally relieved of command of USS PC-815 for firing on a Mexican Island and anchoring in Mexican waters without orders. His last day of command was July 7, 1943.
2. July 8, 1959: In HCO Bulletin Technically Speaking, Hubbard wrote “The whole Christian movement is based on the victim…Christianity succeeded by making people into victims. We can succeed by making victims into people.”
3. July 8, 1977: Scientology LA and DC offices raided by the FBI in the largest FBI raids in US history.
4. July 8, 1988: The IRS’s Final Adverse Ruling in which The Church of Spiritual Technology is denied IRS tax exemption
5. July 8 2002: Lawsuit Against Narconon: Kevin Carter alleges that Narconon Southern and Does 1 to 20 was the legal (proximate) cause of damages to Plaintiff. By the following acts or omissions to act, Defendant negligently caused the damage to Plaintiff on July 8, 2002 or after at Narconon facility at 17350 South Highway 79, Warner Springs CA
6. July 8, 2006: Dr. Donna Shannon and her husband Michael Shannon leave the Church of Scientology
7. July 8, 2006: 52 year old Scientologist Michael Fitzgerald arrested for assaulting Scientology critic Shawn Lonsdale in Clearwater.
8. July 8, 2006: Protestors picketed the Scientology offices in St. Louis, Missouri.
9. July 8, 2007: A Sydney woman charged with murdering her father and sister and seriously injuring her mother was apparently denied psychiatric treatment because of her parents’ alleged Scientology beliefs, a court has been told.
10. Jason Beghe’s story airs on TodayTonight in Australia on July 8, 2008
11. Anonymous protest of NYC Org on July 8, 2008
12. July 8, 2009: Hacker World Topic: Why is Google’s AdSense doing the bidding of Scientology? Hacker World Complains: “We’ve had a hell of a time getting Scientology ads out of our backfill adsense. They show on feeds, in content, on forums, etc. The competitive ad filters don’t seem to be working either (or we’re total morons who can’t figure out ad domains).”
13. July 8 2010: Today/Tonight Australia. An expose on how the Cult harasses journalists:
14. July 8, 2010: OC Weekly newspaper article: OC Church of Scientology Needs to Work on their Proselytizing
15. July 8, 2012: Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise Trying to Avoid Court, Settlement Talks ‘Ongoing’
16. July 8, 2012: Shock Alliance: Farrakhan Praises Integration of Scientology Into Nation of Islam Theology, Says Whites Should Use it to Become ‘Civilized’ & to Avoid Being ‘Devil Christians’ & ‘Satan Jews’
17. July 8, 2013: Scientology Leader’s Twin, Denise Gentile, Pleads Guilty to Lesser Charge, Pays Fines
18. July 8, 2013: Scientology OTV and Ponzi King Reed Slatkin Paroled from Prison
19. July 8, 2013: Leah Remini publicly departs the Church of Scientology
20. July 8, 2014: Tony Ortega reports that Las Vegas attorney Ryan Hamilton has filed 16 lawsuits against Scientology’s Narconon drug treatment
21. July 8, 2015 UPI Reports: Leah Remini gets support from Jennifer Lopez after leaving Scientology
22. July 8, 2017: Ron Miscavige delivers a lecture in Milwaukee on his best-selling book Ruthless: Scientology My Son David Miscavige and Me
23. July 8, 2017: Scientology and the Spoonbenders:Jon Atack on a previously unpublished Ingo Swann essay
24. July 8, 2018 Events — will be updated as needed:
24A. July 8, 2018: Amy Zimmerman of the Daily Beast exclusively reports: How the Church of Scientology Went After Danny Masterson’s Rape Accusers.
24B. From Mike Rinder’s blog. July 8, 2018 is the deadline for Scientologists in Denver to answer a Summons to report to Ethics for an investigation into disaffection being spread in the field (local Denver area). David Miscavige is afraid: